Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ruger 10 22 Bullpup Stock Review

P. 282. May 1940: Exodus of Ardennes

.
Contrary to the legend of this map, not really in the Meuse Valley but between overlooking and Renwez Bourg-Fidele, the village of Mazures (DR).

Testimonials Mazurois
forced in May 1940
to roads
an exodus as painful
as dangerous ...

schedules unanimously claim: we would be in May. Nose to the window or walk outside in but historians would doubt confirm. Professionals who open the scrapbook of another in May, aged 70 years and cursed: 1940.
Commemorations and publications succeed especially in the Ardennes region of France. Sedan synonymous with "breakthrough" is not foreign, to take just one example ...
To make our drop of water, here are some testimonials on the mill wheel to grind past. They are confined to a village: Mazures. These memories have been collected in addition to a study of the only "Jewish camp" (1942-1944) Champagne-Ardenne and stood on the territory of this county.

Margaret Henon:

- "My stepmother says:
" Oh, it's bad: that's the Belgians who run away from our village. Reminds me of 1914 ... "


Mireille Colet-Doe:

- "On May 10, Belgian Mazures pass through to take the path of exodus.
the 12th, at 8:30, I do not start my course and I 'warned the children he is too dangerous to stay in school. German planes pass at low altitude. hedgehopping These could be followed by bombing. We must avoid any bloodshed ...
the 13th, starting Vendee Prefecture where folds of the Bulge. "

(NB: It will be understood, evidence of the village teacher).

May 11, 1940: Bombing of Rethel (Doc. JPO / DR).

Louis Baudrillard:

- "For Mazures, we saw the soldiers pass the time. I still had my two grandmothers and they made coffee especially for spahis which froze on their horses.
I also remember the artillery. They requisitioned carts. We lost horses in this story. My parents have never been compensated because he was a witness and no one has agreed to stand surety.
Then German planes came to drop bombs. One fell on the first house village from Revin. In the meadow, there was indeed a gun pointed to the defense of the village. Then came the debacle ...
Mayor, Marcel Andre, has launched an appeal to leave. Here I am with my parents and two grandmothers whose Margaret who was the third war ... "


Alberte Pernelet:

-" Coming from the City Council, official papers impose the exodus. We must abandon the beasts: a dozen dairy cows. And we start with the two horses pulling the cart overflowing with our business but also those of neighbors. "


Des Ardennes to the Aisne (Doc. JPO / DR).

Alberte Pernelet:

- "While we are still in the Ardennes, we bombed for the first time in St-Marcel. To escape the aircraft, our family broke into four groups. My father takes shelter in a hut in pigs to prevent horses from bolting under the roar of bombs ... My mother and my brother took refuge in the rectory where celebrating a baptism. My sister and I, we are literally found in the outer walls of the church. I remember a lady fell beside us ...
Many were afraid but I've always been curious and wanted to see what war was. Since I am also remained bold!
To escape the Germans, it was decided not to move at night. Two boys preceded us on the side of roads with electric batteries. They were asked to find the unexploded bombs and other obstacles.
We finally get to Rethel, but by advancing more and more difficult and especially avoiding the center of the city because of the bombing. "


Marie-Rose Maquin:

- "Each of our two families had his crew: a carriage pulled by three horses, it was not too much because we had an obligation to take the luggage of other villagers. So much so that horses could not pull it off, you know it was heavy.
We've been bombed on the road Renwez. is that we were indeed! Arriving at the coast 'Hardoncelle, we jumped off the cart so airplanes are looking for. I had an aunt and a cousin who could not get off so they were old ... Meanwhile, a 18-month colt had broken his halter and he would run like crazy through it all so he was afraid of bombs ...
was abandoned cows. And to still go forward, put it took six horses to a single cart and then again with the second, all under the bombing ... Finally, the packages were even unloaded. "


Instructions for the gendarmerie of Indre in order to "steer" the exodus:

- "Prayer to officers and gendarmes to study well all directions so as to give these unfortunate of renseignemenst accurate and does not referrals on any road where they could not leave or move. Be polite, decent, compassionate (...).
Departments evacuated :
-...- Aisne Department Home Mayenne
Ardennes -...- 2Sèvres Vendee. "

Margaret Henon:

- "Here we go most often on foot, sometimes in a truck. We had the attacks of the German air force. Thus, at Berry-au-Bac, when crossing the Aisne. They are horses killed along the roads ... It spun faster and also to sleeping in barns. "

Louis Baudrillard:

- "On the way, pulled it from everywhere. I saw people affected. A bomb fell on a chariot of Belgians. It stayed with me, those poor people screaming ... "

Exodus bedridden (Doc YV / DR).

Marie-Rose Maquin:

- "The exodus lasted 15 days. There was no longer. Finally, the carts were placed on a train and horses locked in cars. We, we were placed on buses. All of this by then Mantes La Roche-sur-Yon.
We finally arrived at The Edge where we had houses. Men with horses had gone round by Paris before The Edge. "


Alberte Pernelet:

-" We were up in the Loiret road but we heard again that those fleeing the capital of Paris, everything was abandoned ... And reached the bridge over the Loire, we retreated more than it progressed. Can not happen with all these refugees, many Parisians.
After eight to ten days in the region of Montargis, we decided to turn back.
Thus, after three months of exile, we find Mazures.
With us, everything, absolutely everything had been looted. Even by the villagers ... I remember with my mother at a public sale in Bourg-Fidele.
My mother suddenly recognizes velvet pants for my father. She calls the undersigned: "But ... it's my husband! You can check out. In a pocket, I added a green room. Can not go wrong!"
And it was true, the notary returns the pockets and finds a green room ... but he apologized and said still have to continue selling the pants ... "


Mireille Colet-Doe:

- "A La Tranche-sur-Mer, Mazurois are not really well received. We were called" the Hun North . "The director of the school to which I am working as a teacher, even wonder if I just take a vacation.
Fortunately, the simple people of the Vendée coast are more friendly.
In May 1941, we returned with the car led by my father. We must cross the line of the forbidden zone to Vouziers. The bridge on the Aisne had been cut and the bridge replaced.
My Father goes smoothly with the car. But I am repulsed despite my little girl that I carry in their arms. So I waited for the change of guard for a second attempt to be good. That's how we came in fraud! We had become undesirable to us! The
Mazures have sad looks. "



0 comments:

Post a Comment