Monday, February 14, 2011

Acid Reflux Stomach Flu

Saariaho Anderson Carter (City of Music - February 11, 2011)

Julian Anderson - The Comedy of Change

I think this is the first time I hear this young composer (he was my age, so he is young, of course) British, but also influenced by Tristan Murail. This piece, in six parts and a very different conclusion is more mixed, this spectral aspects, but less theoretical than the creators of this movement, where he mixes narrative and pictorial elements, like the George Benjamin.
The theme is "evolution" in nature, and indeed, the music evokes landscapes almost endless, weather phenomena, scenes of animal life ... The booklet indicates that shifts tones come into play, I have absolutely no feelings. The material is beautiful, transparent and fluid. Melodies and harmonies and are not afraid to invite the listener to enter into his world without violence. Captivating.

Elliott Carter - We Conversing With Paradise

I heard Carter's harder to access! Here the music seems to get any service poems of Ezra Pound (Cantos 81 and 120), which are uttered, sung, recited by the baritone Leigh Melrose with great commitment and sincerity dramatic. Only the tumult of five percussionists shake this long chant, while the rest of the orchestra accompanies with touches the architecture and subtle light. Taking.

Kaji Saariaho - Graal Theatre

Have I ever heard this song in concert? Anyway, tonight I leave the dock. Perhaps Jeanne-Marie Conquer does not play enough in "violin hero" known as being the dedicatee of the work Gidon Kremer? Ludovic Morlot Maybe he does not succeed to get CIS to more mysteries? Or maybe I'll eventually get tired of this composer? Or just this evening, this piece does not fit me? I'm just annoyed me ... Disappointing.

Elsewhere: Papageno, c.roch.notes
Spotify: Julian Anderson: Book of Hours , Elliott Carter - The Minotaur, Piano Sonata, Two Songs , Kaija Saariaho - Palace of the Soul

0 comments:

Post a Comment